Why Branding is essential for Freelancers with Nancy Poller of Aligned Design
Today’s guest is the creative brains and head of a thriving branding design agency. With her team of experienced independent creatives, she brings bags of ideas and innovation to each project she takes on.
Specialising in Brand identity – as it’s what she and the team love – her agency creates stunning packaging, websites, content writing, helps clarify tone of voice, print and digital designs. They believe compelling design can tell the story of your business in a way that genuinely resonates and makes real connections with people, so your brand not only creates impact, but can have a game-changing legacy.
In 2021 they were included in the prestigious The Brand Stylist’s 60 Brilliant Brand Designers Edit. and last year were highly commended at the Richmond Upon Thames Creative Business of the year.
Today we’re going to be talking all about how branding is important for freelancers too and how to go about getting it right.
I am very excited to be talking to Nancy Poller, Creative Director at Aligned Design.
Today’s guest is Nancy Poller
You can find her here –
Website : Aligned-Desgin.co
A few things we covered in this episode :
- Nicky our business coach – Nicky Wilkes – Seriously Stylish Business
- What is branding – for freelancers
- Set of visual elements that come together
- Logo colour font illustration pattern style of photography, tone of voice,
- The process of creating a brand
- How someone interacts with your brand
- John Lewis lable gender-neutral
- Gill font (John Lewis’ font)
- Aligned co logo and font
- Clarity blend – packaging and branding client
- How to pitch to magazines – podcast – Top tips on how to pitch to an editor with Jane Perrone : Podcast Episode 77
- Mini brand discovery workbook
- Inside Stylists Instagram feed
- Aligned Design Quiz
- Get in touch with Nancy here
Listen to this weeks episode here or click on iTunes
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.