Styling Assistant & Visual Merchandiser
I have been freelancing as an interiors and prop stylist / assistant for a year. I am a mature, organised, friendly, highly creative and positive assistant with motivation and drive.
Before I moved to the wonderful world of styling, I worked for over 10 years in Visual Merchandising Management and Project Management for retail windows and POS. I worked for companies such as Fred Perry and Levi’s managing instore displays and window creatives and productions. These roles gave me the chance to be creative but also gave me extremely valuable experience in sourcing props and materials, supplier management (UK and European), budgets and timeline management and organising and running shoots – all major transferable skills in the styling world.
In the time that I have been working in the styling industry, I have had extensive experience including:
– Stylist / set dresser on a 3 day video shoot for Electrolux in Brussels, where I ran the art department comprising of 2 assistants and a food stylist.
– Stylist for Country Living
– Editorial assisting for Country Living, Country Homes and Interiors & Good Homes . Also a 1 month work placement at Wallpaper*, assisting on shoots, calling in products and writing credits
– Commercial assisting for companies including Next (Xmas gift guide), White Company (Xmas lifestyle shoot), Cuisinart, M&S, Laura Ashley, Sofa Workshop, Hillarys Blinds & John Lewis.
– I have also been working at John Lewis’s Content Creation Hub, assisting stylists on bedding shoots, kid’s home lifestyle shoots as well as lifestyle / conceptual content for their lighting range.
– Prop sourcing
– Event set ups
I am London based, but currently spending weekends in Ramsgate slowly but surely restoring my Grade II listed Georgian townhouse!
My website is currently being built, button the meantime, you can find me on Instagram at instagram.com/_lynsey_fox.
|Industry Experience (in years)|