Getting to the bottom of scents in the home with Jo Glanville-Blackburn
Ever wondered why your candle always pools in the middle or why they send up smoke signals even before you blow them out? Well, todays guest shares all!
If you’re going to ask anyone about which scents work best in the home it’s got to be a beauty editor. Today’s guest has written countless features on fragrance. She knows her Chypre from her Fougère and has just launched her very own candle collection JOGBliving.com. Just wait till she shares about blending the aromas and the effect they can have on your mood. Jo shares so much about the way we can improve our well being in this lively episode which was a pleasure to record. I learnt so much from Jo and only ever burn natural candles after this discussion. Have a listen and you’ll soon see why.
You can find Jo GB Living here –
Jo GB’s beauty accounts
YouTube: Jo GB
A few things we covered in this episode :
- Using candles to shift your mood
- Suland Jo GB feature last year
- Jim Husband
- Charlotte Boyd Home Editor On Woman & Home
- Theoda Solms Iles – Outfit twinning.
- Luxury natural candles – JoGB Candles made of soy and rapeseed
- bed with Jo
- Aroma cards – Order yours here – make your knicker drawer smell divine!
JOGB Living candles
GoJo – palmarosa, bergamot, a hint of ylang-ylang and frankincense
SloJo -patchouli, lavender (of course) with geranium, cedarwood
Mojo – sensual – Boudoir – Petiole pet u lee , Yland Ylan patchouli, lavender with geranium, cedarwood
Three groups of scents
Fougère– pines, lavender, soft oriental,
Oriental – vanilla, peach – fruity
Chypre– Woods – sandlewood, amber, masculine citrus
- Avoid synthetic candles
- Burn new candle for two hours – to avoid pooling
- Chose a scent to get you in the right mood – uplifting, relaxed,
- Natural candles won’t leave soot marks up the walls
- Candles with natural, cotton wicks are best.
Listen to this weeks episode here or click on iTunes
Want to help the show or just say hello? We’d love you to comment below
- Want to help the show or just say hello? We’d love you to comment below
- Fancy leaving us an honest review on iTunes? – it really helps the show and we read each and every one of them.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.