Freestyling Friday : September 2018
From knowing when to go it alone to dealing with paying for big prop budgets
From knowing when to go it alone to dealing with paying for big prop budgets the questions that get asked in Inside Stylists effect us all at some time or other. This weeks episode answers just 10 of those questions for interior stylists, writers and assistants alike.
If you would like your question answered in a future episode drop me a line in the comments below or email me firstname.lastname@example.org I’d love to help.
The questions we answered in this episode:
1.How to deal with expenses and get an advance before you start propping
2. How move from assisting to styling
3. How do I get my name out there after a break in my career after having kids
4. Why are we not being credited by clients when they post our styled shots on Instagram?
5. What are good practices for Instagram when it comes to photoshoots?
6. Why you need to get permission from a client to post to Instagram on a shoot?
7. I’m an assistant – how do I go to press launches without feeling like an imposter?
8.Should I work for free
9. I’m about to stop assisting and start styling. Should I charge a junior styling fee?
10. Can you charge for taxi’s to shoots and do you charge overtime
A few things we covered in this episode :
- 10 reasons NOT to become an interior stylist
- Rate card
- Assistants special: Freestyling Friday with Sara Bird : Episode 10
- Kasia from @CosmoandPlums
- Theoda Solms Iles and Mihaela share set up days well go follow them
- How to go to a press event for the first time ]
- How to create a rate card – coming soon
- Accountant episode #6
Listen to this weeks episode here or click on iTunes
Want to help the show or just say hello? We’d love you to comment below
- Want to help the show or just say hello? We’d love you to comment below
- Fancy leaving us an honest review on iTunes? – it really helps the show and we read each and every one of them.
Subscribe on iTunes here and don’t miss an episode