Freestyling Friday: Interior Stylist assistant’s Q&A with Sara Bird
We get tons of questions sent in by assistant interior stylists. This is the episode with all the answers.
Ask any interior stylist if they’re contacted by wannabe stylists and they’ll tell you they get a ton of emails asking how to get into interiors, what’s the best way to get ahead or even how to get onto a shoot and meet people in order to gain experience. In this episode, I’m joined by Sara Bird and we answer all sorts of questions sent in by assistants. We talk about both editorial and commercial styling, legal elements, test shoots and so much more.
You can find Sara here on Inside Stylists
Sara’s Website: TheHomingBird.com
Sara’s ContentEd Nest Insta: @TheContentEdNest
A few things we covered in this episode :
- Assistants fees – The Association of photographic stylists – the Facebook post about fees is about ‘price fixing’. This is the article Victoria linked to- Sorry I can’t link to a specific post on her FB page but it was posted on 9th December 2017 by Celia Arias. Check it out.
- Guidelines on how to be paid on time- See this blog post on Inside Stylists
- Money Box podcast – Episode 6 – The Long Wait for Payment (24th January 20180)
Blogs – have a look at this feature here InsideStylists
- Inside Stylists, Portfolios can be seen here
- Insurance on the Resources page
- Insurance for stylists on InsideStylists
- Moodboard software canva.com
- How to visit a prop house
- Prop house Superhire
Listen to this weeks episode here or click on iTunes
Want to help the show or just say hello? We’d love you to comment below
- Want to help the show or just say hello? We’d love you to comment below
- Fancy leaving us an honest review on iTunes? – it really helps the show and we read each and every one of them.
Subscribe on iTunes here and don’t miss an episode