11 Things I wish I knew before I went freelance
I’ve learnt a lot of lessons over the years. Here’s what I can share.
Last month I made a mistake and I felt I should have known better.
It doesn’t happen often but if someone had told me how to handle that situation from the moment I went freelance then I might have made a better choice. Today’s episode is all about the things I wish someone had told me from the start. The silly little pieces of advice that will make your life that little bit easier, smoother and hopefully work-wise – busier.
Let me know what you think. Does this help? Have you got more things to add to the list? Let me know.
A few things we covered in this episode :
- Get it in writing
Rate card podcast
- There’s no such thing as procrastination
Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
- The work will come
- You will fall off press lists – more than once!
- You can work in your PJ’s – but it’s better not to.
- Motivation can be created
podcast episode 80 is all about accountability and how to get it.
- Netflix is the enemy of a quick lunch
- Yes, you need insurance!
- That TAX return thing won’t go away.
- You will need a decent headshot more than you think
- Inside Stylists would help more people than I ever imagined and it’s just little old me!
Join Inside Stylists
If you’d like to become part of the Inside Stylist community head over to this page to find out all about how to join. We’d love to see you in there.