Talking all things art with artist Lizzie Owen
Today’s guest is an artist who was born and raised on a farm in Staffordshire. She moved to study Fashion Design in London, then worked in PR for top British Fashion and Interior brands, finally settling in beautiful Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
She’s constantly inspired by the seasons due to her upbringing and living in the countryside. Each of her oil paintings feature her impression of nature and still life. In her words, she “paints ordinary subjects as oil paintings using modern muted tones with an energetic style”.
She also does incredible figurative and fashion illustrations, a passion she was born with, which she practices regularly through Life Drawing and Live Illustrations at events.
She’s one of our very own featured artists who provide art for shoots and magazine features. I’m very excited to have the lovely artist Lizzie Owen on the show today.
Today’s guest is Lizzie Owen
You can find her here –
Website : LizzieOwen.com.uk
A few things we covered in this episode :
- We’re all artists
- Ravensbourne School of Art
- Lizzie’s illustrations of people
- David Downton- Artist
- Jason Brooks – Artist
- Jaqueline Bissett – Artist
- Megan Hess – fashion illustrations
- Hedsor house – Wedding venue
- 23 living – hydrangea for soap packaging
- Foxy Margo dog products
- Mark Fanelli Marlow school of art
- Claire Nolan – Stylist/photographer/gardener
- Portia Lubbock – Interior Stylist/designer
- Get Lizzie’s art with a week’s notice here
- Draws off Channel 4 artist program
- Homebarn – Homewares treasure trove
Listen to this weeks episode here or click on iTunes