Behind the scenes with surface designer Gareth Johnson
Want to hear stories from behind the scenes from a set builders perspective? Then listen up.
Put a paintbrush in this mans hand and watch a piece of plain old MDF be transformed into something special and bespoke. In this episode I chat with surface designer Gareth Johnson and no – he’s not a set builder. He’s a whole lot more! He can build anything for a shoot but his speciality is in creating the most realistic surfaces that make him so sought after. We’re talking marble, terrazzo, concrete. During our chat, we cover things that go on (and go wrong) on shoots and how he came to be where he is today. With lots of behind the scenes talk.
Today’s guest is Gareth Johnson
You can find him here on Insta: @Rad_Rollering
Or give him a call 07426 076 477
A few things we covered in this episode :
Harveys shoot – Ombre and Geometric walls below (photos Jon Day Styling – Moi)
- Riverside Studios – TFI Friday
- Sally Cullen
- Tim Warren
- Portland Mitchell
- Just a few surfaces Gareth has created on MDF
- My downstairs loo – My Ombre
- Benjamin Moore paint
- To request a surface contact Gareth 07426 076 477
Listen to this weeks episode here or click on iTunes
Want to help the show or just say hello? We’d love you to comment below
- Want to help the show or just say hello? We’d love you to comment below
- Fancy leaving us an honest review on iTunes? – it really helps the show and we read each and every one of them.
Subscribe on iTunes here and don’t miss an episode
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.