If you’re looking to up your brand photography, learn how to do your first shoot, or just get your styling up to professional standards – this is the course for you.
This self-paced online course will teach you everything you need to know to get magazine-worthy images.
Meet your teacher
Founder of Inside Stylists Emma Morton-Turner is your teacher for this course.
Emma has been styling for over 20 years and started her career in magazines working as Home Editor on Woman & Home magazine. After going freelance she has art directed, styled, and written for some of the biggest magazines in the UK including Elle Decoration, Ideal Home, Country Homes and Interiors, House Beautiful, and Style at home. She has also styled shoots for some big-name brands including M&S, Harveys Furniture, DeLonghi, Kenwood, Hillarys Blinds, Tesco, Kelling Designs and Valspar paints to name a few. In addition, Emma has been teaching Styling for Interiors at Central St Martins and Chelsea school of arts for the last three years both in-person and online.
What you’ll learn
The self-paced online lesson plan
Each lesson is live now and ready for you to view in your own time.
The Rules of Styling
- Understanding the Grid
- The Rule of Threes… or odd numbers.
- The Hug
- Layering up a shot
- Negative space
- Depth of Field
- The Styling Workshop: Styling surfaces – Shelves, sideboards, tables
- Styling challenge: Style your own shots on a surface and send in images for the following week
- Understanding Symmetry
- Getting the balance right
- How to style a flatlay
- Styling challenge: Style a flatlay or two using everything you’ve learnt so far.
- How to look critically at a shot
- How to shoot
- Tips for working with photographers.
- Understanding leading lines
- A quick word about lighting
- Sofa Styling workshop
- Styling challenge: Style an area of a living room or sofa
- This week will all about how to prop for your shoot including backgrounds and textures
- Props and propping. Where to find them.
- Textures, surfaces and backgrounds
- Test shoots and how to set them up
- Bedroom styling workshop
- Styling challenge: Style an area of a bedroom
Sign up on the form below
Who is this course for?
This course is designed specifically for anyone who wants to get practical styling skills whether that’s to improve your own shoots, taking yourself from stylist assistant to calling the shots with more confidence, improving your own shots for social media, or if you’re thinking of pursuing a career in styling. It’s also great for anyone looking to improve their own product photography. You will come away with a greater understanding of how to set up products and props to create the most inspirational shot for products or editorial-style shoots.
Who is this course not for?
This is not a course on how to become an Interior Stylist. If you’re just starting out as a stylist this will give you good basic knowledge of how to style and arrange props for a set up.
When does the course start?
The course is self-paced so you can start as soon as you enroll
How long does the course run for?
Once enrolled you will have lifetime access to the course so you can do it as fast or as slow as you wish. It is completely self paced.
How long do I have access to the course for?
You will have lifetime access to the course
I’ve never done styling before. Should I do this course?
This is a great course for beginners and those who have some styling experience.
You will be learning the rules of styling which will stand you in good stead to create better-styled rooms and shots
Sign up below